In 2003, a handful of musicians came together to lead worship for a new service at their church. 3 years later, on a limited schedule and budget, the group went into the studio to make a record of some of their favorite hymns. To their surprise, it wasn’t just friends and family placing orders. Word began to spread of the group’s modern take on traditional hymns. The orders began pouring in as well as requests for Koiné appearances.
From soulful renditions of What a Friend We Have in Jesus and I’m but a Stranger Here to the Americana-inspired arrangements of Jerusalem My Happy Home and Chief of Sinners Though I Be, you can hear why Koiné’s genre-spanning style has been celebrated at churches around the world for decades. Hear where it all began in their very first album, Koiné (vol i).
Product contains High-quality mp3 and WAV files packaged into zip files. This is a downloadable product.
- From All That Dwells Below the Skies
- Chief of Sinners Though I Be
- What a Friend We Have in Jesus
- Lord When Your Glory I Shall See
- Crown Him With Many Crowns
- My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
- Now the Light Has Gone Away
- I’m but a Stranger Here
- Jerusalem My Happy Home
- God’s Word Is Our Great Heritage